Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Home Forums Welcome! Please introduce yourself! Please reply here to introduce yourself! Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

HollyHughes
Participant

Good morning!  My name is Holly.  I joined to get more knitting back in my life.  I had some major life changes back in 2016 and knitting just fell away and never happened.  2020 has made me realize that I need to make time for things I love and to stop and breathe more.  My biggest challenge right now is time.  I am a single mother who works full time and my son is very active in Boy Scouts and is wanting to get on his school basketball team which means that we go (when he’s not visiting his dad) to extra basketball lessons to help him with his goal.  So, I have to find time to knit and this group will hopefully help me to be motivated to do just that and more.  I am super excited to get to know everyone here and to knit new things.  I signed up for the quarterly blue bag so I will have knitting to do regularly.  I also think it’s great that there are discussions about getting out of our comfort zones and trying new things.  I learned to knit at 25 which has been 20 years ago this year.  That’s so crazy to me.  Of course, with my extended time away from knitting I feel a bit like a beginner again but it is coming back to me.  I currently have a knee high lace sock pattern on dpn’s and I just started the Big Cedar Sunset cowl yesterday.  That cowl is my mental break from the chart of the lace and is my first Christmas gift knit of 2020 for my best friend in Chicago who is a Nurse practitioner.

© 2020 loopslove.com

Scroll to Top