Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Home Forums Welcome! Please introduce yourself! Please reply here to introduce yourself! Reply To: Please reply here to introduce yourself!

JaneSussmanJaneSussman
Participant

Hi ~

My name is Jane and I live in Southern CA.   I joined because I purchased Season 5 of Knit Stars back in May for my birthday.  I’m enjoying the sessions so much and Shelley is adorable as well.

My biggest challenge right now is finding just the right yarn for a very complicated pattern for myself.  Living in Southern CA, I don’t need and won’t wear 100% wool, but need a lovely blend, tweedy, DK weight yarn (pattern I’m going to tackle is “All of the Lights” by Joji Locatelli).  I would welcome any suggestions.

I’m most excited to keep knitting (My grandmother taught me when I was 8, I knit through high school, then took about a thirty year break).  I now have an 18 month-old granddaughter who lives in Washington, DC (so colder weather) and I’ve knit many sweaters, blankets, etc. for her as well as baby gifts for both my daughter’s friends.  Nothing brings me more joy than seeing a little one wearing my sweater or cuddled up in a blanket made specially for them.  During COVID, I’ve finished about 25 projects, so you can see that I knit a lot!  It brings patience, joy and balance to my life like nothing else.

I rate myself as an early stage “love to design” knitter and I look forward to expanding my experience through my connections here.

© 2020 loopslove.com

Scroll to Top