Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Home Forums Welcome! Please introduce yourself! Please reply here to introduce yourself!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SherriTorrez
    Keymaster

Hi, Holly!

Whew! You do have a busy schedule and hat’s off to you for making the effort to spend time for yourself! You may even see some other Moms knitting in the stands at your son’s basketball games! Both of your current projects sound pretty great! I hope you can share pictures soon! =) We’re so glad to have you in the group!

NatalieZiccolella
    Participant

Hello!  My name is Natalie.  I live in North Carolina.   I am beginner knitter.   I’ve made a few items, but never really felt confident.  I want to learn more and try more challenging projects.  My biggest challenge is understanding how to read knit fpatterns, making mistakes and not knowing how to easily correct them.   If I get frustrated, I tend to give up and never finish what I started.   I am excited to meet and learn from others!   My Aunt and sister in law knit beautifully.  I always have been in awe of what others make.   I have crocheted for years and also cross stitch.  Not sure why am so intimated by knitting.   Things appear to be more complicated, but I am sure it’s just me. I am determined to make something more than a scarf with just a knit/purl stitch!!!

DanaBakke
    Participant

Hi! My name is Dana. I have purchased all 5 of the Knit Stars … however I have not had time to see most of them. I work full time and only knit a little in the evenings and on the weekend. I got this as the bonus for the Knit Stars 5 so I thought I would check it out. I don’t really do much social media since I am old school and don’t have a phone, just a computer. I have been knitting for a long time and over the last 5 years I have become quite proficient and love to make and wear my sweaters, shawls (the bigger the better!) and my Cardigans. Most people who know me know that I am an avid jewelry maker, sewer and knitter. I have taught some friends and am the first person my sister and nieces go to when they have an error in their knitting. Great excuse to visit!! I am married, but do not have any kids or pets … however I do have a dog and a cat at work that think they belong to me. The dog belongs to my boss but we bonded early and she sits with me all day and gets depressed if I am not at work. Seriously, she pouts and stays in her bed and faces the wall all day. I feed the cat, so he comes to me in the morning and walks me to the door each night to say good bye. I adore that big boy!!! Other people at work are a bit jealous of our relationship. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know people and see what happens here. 🙂

JaneSussman
    Participant

Hi ~

My name is Jane and I live in Southern CA.   I joined because I purchased Season 5 of Knit Stars back in May for my birthday.  I’m enjoying the sessions so much and Shelley is adorable as well.

My biggest challenge right now is finding just the right yarn for a very complicated pattern for myself.  Living in Southern CA, I don’t need and won’t wear 100% wool, but need a lovely blend, tweedy, DK weight yarn (pattern I’m going to tackle is “All of the Lights” by Joji Locatelli).  I would welcome any suggestions.

I’m most excited to keep knitting (My grandmother taught me when I was 8, I knit through high school, then took about a thirty year break).  I now have an 18 month-old granddaughter who lives in Washington, DC (so colder weather) and I’ve knit many sweaters, blankets, etc. for her as well as baby gifts for both my daughter’s friends.  Nothing brings me more joy than seeing a little one wearing my sweater or cuddled up in a blanket made specially for them.  During COVID, I’ve finished about 25 projects, so you can see that I knit a lot!  It brings patience, joy and balance to my life like nothing else.

I rate myself as an early stage “love to design” knitter and I look forward to expanding my experience through my connections here.

JoAnnAnn Anderson
    Participant

Hi, my name is JoAnn and I live in the beautiful mountain tourist town of Leavenworth, WA.  I have been a knitter since I was a teenager.  I taught myself to knit from a “how to” book because my mother didn’t know how to knit.  We have a few knitting groups around town but we aren’t meeting right now because of COVID.  This makes Knit Stars and the Facebook groups perfect for me.

1. Why did you JOIN?
    I saw the LoopsClub TOGETHER link in the Knit Stars introduction materials. I decided to join to broaden my knowledge of knitting, yarn and techniques to improve my knitting. I want to expand my knowledge about yarn, how it is dyed and ways to select yarn for a project.  I need a community of knitters because, since my husband died 7 1/2 years ago, I need to see what others crafters are doing and to be inspired to learn new things.  I am retired with some time on my hands.  Knitting is my passion so I long to learn new things from others & to be a part of a community of like-minded crafters

2. What’s your biggest CHALLENGE right now?
    My biggest challenge is to finish the projects I’ve started. I knit a lot of baby clothes, toys, blankets and dolly & teddy bear clothes.  I have way too many items started that need completing.  If I get bored with a project I put it aside and start something else

3. What are you most EXCITED about?
    I am very excited to learn new techniques and to design my own garments.  I want to learn from experts and I was drawn to the lineup for Knit Stars 5.  I love looking at the Facebook posts by LoopsClub TOGETHER members and I hope to be brave enough someday to post pictures of completed projects. I love to work with wool yarn and hope to learn about other yarns like silk or other animal yarns

4. Tell us about your KNITTING/CROCHET LIFE?!
    If I could spend every hour of every day knitting, I would.  I have other responsibilities but spend every night knitting while w arching movies or TV.  I knit everywhere, even standing up.  My favorite style of knitting is fisherman or Aran patterns.  I also enjoy color work, too.  In this last year, I have completed 2 adult sized blankets, hats, scarves, baby booties, a child’s sweater, a mermaid tail blanket, slippers, clothes for teddy bears and American Girl dolls.  Right now, I have baby booties, 2 hats, a pair of socks, a blanket and a sweater on needles.  Most of these are Christmas presents so I need to get a lot done before I start something else.

========
    I’m having fun making hats for one of my daughter-in-laws and three granddaughters – all matching.  I’m making baby booties for my youngest granddaughter Monroe and a Star Wars hat for my nine year old grandson, Mason. I’m finishing up a scrubs outfit for my seven year old granddaughter’s American Girl doll.   I’m making my oldest granddaughter a hat to replace the wool one she threw into the washing machine and dryer. I think it fits a teddy bear now. I’m sure there are more items I have to do before Christmas!

MistyMcCray
    Participant

========
    1. Why did you JOIN?
    ========

I started knitting to help with my anxiety. A process knitter. I now wfh and rarely have situations that create the anxiety that started me knitting. I feel as though I’ve lost my mojo. I joined because Loops is my LYS and it seemed like a good step to support locally, increase my engagement, and perhaps stretch myself in a positive and constructive direction.

========

2. What’s your biggest CHALLENGE right now?

========
    I miss knitting and I am bored with socks. I’m better at having ideas of what I want than having the knowledge to make those things come to life. I tend to feel a bit awkward with social interactions so I do worry about that too.

========

3. What are you most EXCITED about?

========

I love yarn. I don’t have a whole room full but I do have several containers. If nothing else, I know I will love the yarn. Also, purple is my favorite color. I saw that the next blue bag inspiration has a purple theme and it felt like a sign. I can’t wait to see it.

========

4. Tell us about your KNITTING/CROCHET LIFE?!

========

I’d really love to have some square or waterfall neck shells that I knit myself for myself. I’ve a significant part of my stash purchased with that idea in mind. I’ve started several patterns, several times, and just can’t seem to get very far. I start experimenting with the texture of the fabric or something and when it’s not quite right or too boring to knit I frog it or bag it away.

ShanaNielsen
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Shana and I just j I joined Loops Cliub today

1. Why did you JOIN? 🙌
    ========

I decided to join for two reasons. The first is that while there are several yarn stores around me, they are all at least a 60 minute drive away. I’ve never really been able to participate in the community part of going to my LYS. And I feel like I really need that community.

The second reason I decided to join is because I feel like I am in a major rut. I have some negative self talk about knitting going on in my head. I want to grow my skills and also rekindle the passion and enjoyment I found in knitting. Its there every time I pick up my knitting, but sometimes I have a hard time letting myself knit.

========

2. What’s your biggest CHALLENGE right now? 💪🏽

========

My biggest concern us that I won’t be able to “keep up”. I knit slow ish,  and sometimes the time I have to knit is limited.

========

3. What are you most EXCITED about? 💃🏽

========

I am most excited for the potential LoopsClub has to get me out of this creative block and help me participate in a knitting community where I don’t feel out of place.

========

4. Tell us about your KNITTING/CROCHET LIFE?! 😀

========

I want to make ALL the things. Socks, sweaters, hats, mitts,  scarves all of them. Right now I’m 50% of the way through a wrap by Woolfolk called Torv. I also have Casapinka’s Magical Thinking not-a-poncho about 30% done, but I’m having to rip back quite a way on it so its currently in time out. My first sweater is still in its project bag. I just need to do the sleeves but for some reason can’t get to them. I’m afraid if I finish it, it won’t fit. If I don’t finish it I won’t have to confront that it doesn’t fit. I have a scarf in raw silk yarn on the needles that is just sitting because…I don’t know why. I like wool better, probably,  but it is pretty and it will come back out. I get an hour or two a night to knit. Sometimes I can be very dedicated during this time and make a lot of progress.  The last 6 months or so I’ve been really frazzled and have had a harder time not getting distracted. Thanks Covid and work stress.

SherriTorrez
    Keymaster

Hi, Shana!

Welcome and thank you so much for helping us to get to know you a little better! I believe you’ll find so many new friends here who will support and encourage you as you take your knitting journey one day at a time. (And many of them can tell your their experiences on Sleeve Island! Even if it doesn’t fit, you’ll have a lovely gift set aside for someone special. =) There is not pressure here to keep up…we all work at our own pace and just enjoy the journey. We’re happy to have you here!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2021 loopslove.com

Scroll to Top